MetroPortal App was a Windows Phone 7 App to remote control your MediaPortal HTPC. This version supports a simple remote control. In future versions, support to view and stream your MediaPortal library and more remote control options will be added.
- Metro look and feel
- Multiple connections
- Auto connect
- Pinnable tile for direct access to the remote
- Easy setup by scanning the MPExtended or WifiRemote QR tag
- Dutch, English and German language support
Keep in mind that MediaPortal should be running to connect to WifiRemote. This means the remote will only connect/work when MediaPortal is running!
It’s no longer published in the Microsoft Store
How did it work?
If you’re familiar with Metro/WP7 it should be really self-explaining. However, best practice:
- Open your MPExtended Configuration on your HTPC, go to the tab QR-Code and tick the box Include authentication for user
- Start MetroPortal App
- Go to Connections, tap the + icon to add a new connection
- Tap the vision icon to scan a QR-Code and scan the QR-Code in the MPExtended Configuration screen
- Tap the check icon to save your new connection
- Check the Automatic connect option
- Go back to the main screen and tap and hold the Remote tile, choose Pin to start
- Bam! Instant remote on your start screen, just one tap to control your HTPC…
Known bugs, issues, todo…
Known bugs? Yeah, I know… 🙁
Do you find another one or have any other questions? Post them, or send me an email.
- Connection center is tricky. Sometimes it won’t connect properly. If it happens, please post the situation here.
- When your WiFi connection is enabled but not connected the App sometimes thinks it’s connected.
- Translations. The german translation is bad I guess. Any help would be appreciated.
- Tiles in the home screen, copied from the great streamedmp skin (sorry guys), I need to create some nice-looking tiles myself
Future development, updates, support, ideas
Yeah, this is not going to happen anymore. Sorry. 😉
To the developers of the MPExtended/WifiRemote services and Bombus for thinking up such a great name.